CRCA COVID-19 UPDATES
76/20: Register today for the CRCA Member's Only MEAP Webinar
6/23/20: CRCA"s 2020 Directory & Resource Guide is now available online!
6/4/20: Visit CRCA's Member's Only Page to register for next week's Anti-Sexual Harassment trainings and to view past Thursday's CRCA recordings & slides. If you need your company's log-in information email firstname.lastname@example.org
6/1/20: In response to recent events, downtown construction is halted until further notice within the following boundaries:
- Division St. from Lake Shore Drive and N. Halsted St.
- N. Halsted from Division St. to Milwaukee Ave. and Grand Ave.
- Milwaukee Ave. from Grand Ave. to Kinzie St.
- Canal St. from Kinzie St. to 26th St.
- 26th St. from Canal St. to Lake Shore Drive
5/29/20: Phase Three of Chicago's Building Dep. Reopening Framework
5/14/20: The Illinois General Assembly will return to Springfield next Wednesday - Friday. This proclamation outlines the issues to be covered. Any action they taken before the end of May would require a simple majority, while action after May would require a super-majority vote. Therefore, the last two weeks of May will be very busy on the legislative front.
The parameters of the proclamation appear to be broad enough for legislators to address Work Comp legislation.
On that topic:
- In late April, the Workers’ Compensation Commission announced formation of a Task Force to look at the presumption rule and named two commissioners to lead the effort. The Task Force will be comprised of a small number of practitioners with interest groups able to testify at public hearings. No members of the Task Force have been named and no meetings scheduled.
- The IMA and IRMA have been in touch with Democrat and Republican lawmakers on the WC issue and expect legislation to appear. They expect a quasi “agreed bill process” with business and labor discussing the issue to see if an agreement can be reached. We expect to have a role in this process.
CRCA will be monitoring the issues, along with our industry partners, and will keep membership updated.
5/8/20: Register today for next week's "Thursdays with CRCA" Bill McHugh will be presenting on IECC & Residential Roofing.
5/1/20: Congrats to CRCA's Scholarship Award Winners: Trishia Mae Cueto (Westmont High School) and Megan Howley (Mother McAuley). Due to COVID-19 CRCA will not be holding the Scholarship Awards Dinner this year. Keep an eye on your email, CRCA social media and the coming issues of CRCA Today for moe information on the honorees.
4/23/20: April 2020
CRCA Position Papers
4/7/20: Slides from CRCA's 4/2 Air Barrier Basics Webinar here. To see the recording, visit CRCA's Members Only Page.
2/28/20: Due to public concerns with the Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) and large gatherings, CRCA has opted to cancel Saturday's CRCA Chicago Wolves Event and the Tuesday March 17 Membership Lunch/Meeting. Please contact the CRCA office with any questions.
2/28/20: Thanks to Jessica Roque, Dan Henshaw and also Jim Prusak for representing CRCA at the GAF Expo!
2/25/20: CRCA's Scholarship Application is due March 6, apply today!
2/24/20: Thank you to those who attended CRCA's Membership Appreciation Night. Please take a moment to fill out this attendee survey, so CRCA can make next year's event even better! You can check out event pics here