We believe the best roofing contractors in Chicagoland and beyond are at the CRCA Members. Regardless of who you choose for installing a roof, choose a contractor wisely. The Characteristics that are important in any service industry selection also hold true with a Roofing, Air Barrier, Waterproofing and Dampproofing Contractor.
Important things to consider are:
- Is the contractor licensed? Illinois law requires all roofing and waterproofing work to be performed by Illinois state licensed roofing contractors. The only exception in the law is that the property owner can perform roofing on own personal property and his/her employees can perform roof repairs for commercial property. IL Roofing License FAQs
- How can I verify if a roofer is licensed? Verification can be done through the Illinois Division of Professional Regulation www.idfpr.com or call (217) 785-0800
- Does the company have Workers’ Comp, General Liability and Professional Liability insurance coverage? Workman’s compensation covers the employees on your property; general liability insurance covers your actual property. When it comes to insurance, though, don’t simply take the roofer’s word for it. Ask to see an insurance certificate.
- What are your municipalities permit requirements? Every municipality has different permit requirements. Be sure to check with your local building department before starting any job.
- Will the company provide referrals or references? Request a list of 10 names and phone numbers of recent customers (last 12 months). It is not necessary to check all 10, but you will be able to pick randomly from the list those you do call.
- Be concerned about safety. A contractor without a training or safety program may not be the best person for your job. Be sure to ask about the company’s safety program
The questions above for evaluation of a contractor are not exhaustive. Be sure to review bids for work carefully, focusing not just on price, but also on quality and qualifications to perform the scope of work on the particular Roofing, Waterproofing or Dampproofing project.
Still have questions? Contact CRCA at 708-449-3340 or email@example.com
Select the best. Select a CRCA Roofing, Waterproofing and Dampproofing Contractor