CRCA TRADE SHOW & SEMINARS
Save the Date! January 19-20, 2017!
Drury Lane Conference Center, Oakbrook Terrace, IL
The 2017 Trade Show & Seminar Exhibitor Space is sold out.
Submit a 2017 CONTRACT to be wait listed for Exhibitor Space. Contact email@example.com for more information.
CRCA 2016 TRADE SHOW & SEMINARS - Educational Presentations
"Roofing & Waterproofing - Get Your Facts Straight"
Thursday, Jan. 21, 2016
- 9am - 11am - CRCA Roofing Industry Breakfast - Matt Dupuis, Structural Research, Inc. (SRI), Stephen Phillips, Esq., Hendrick Phillips, Andre Desjarlais, US Dept. of Energy's ORNL, and Peter Kalinger, Canadian Roofing Contractors Association, Bill McHugh, Chicago Roofing Contractors Association, bring perspectives on Tecnical, Legal, Energy, and Cold Weather Roofing Design and Issues facing the Roofing Industry.
- 1:00pm - 2:15pm - Technical Roofing Problems Can Create Legal Issues - Matt Dupuis, SRI & Stephen Phillips, Esq., Hendrick Phillips, cover the technical issues for insulation, facers, lightweight structural concrete and others, giving the audience information for future designs.
- 3:30pm - 5:00pm - Winter Weather Roofing - Illinois and surrounding states are in cold regions of North America. All of Canada is too. Peter Kalinger, Canadian Roofing Contractors Association's program covers design for cold weather and how design accomodates these harsh conditions.
Friday, Jan. 22, 2016
- 7am - 9am - Stand Down for Safety 2016 - This program, designed for roofing crew superintendents and foremen, company management and owners, covers fall protection including harnesses, guarding skylights, and much more.
- 7:45am- 8:45am - Ventilation Facts - From Design to Installation and ORNL Update - USDOE's Oak Ridge National aboratories presents info on steep slope ventilation and engineering, plus updates from ORNL's basic research.
- 9:30am - 10:30am - Roofing Claims & Lawsuits - Causes and How to Avoid - Many roofing contractors work directly with buildng owners and managers to configure a new roof...sometimes without a consultant. Stephen hillips, Esq., covers legal issues associated with this activity and poses the question; does a roofing contractor need E&O insurance?
- 11:15am - 12:15pm - The New Code, Get the Facts - NRCA's Associate Executive Director of Technical Services presents important technical issues in addition to the new 2015 & 2018 Energy Codes. Look for a few words on Illinois' adoption of the 2015 International Energy Conservation Code.
- Interested in CRCA's Trade Show & Seminars? Exhibitors, check out info on 2016's show and see what the show is all about. Brochure with educational sessions, schedule, exibitor guide, floor plan, are below.
TRADE SHOW & SEMINARS ARCHIVES - Check out the Presentations!
2015 "Be Prepared - Change Continues"
2014 "Decoding Roofing & Waterproofing Today"
HPSF/NRCA's Stephen Phillips - Legal Risk for all, Contractors, Specifiers, Consultants
Illinois Roofing License Law Enforcement
Margaret Vaughan - Overview of the Law
Margery Newman - Legal relationship and the IL Roofing Contractor Licensing Law
2014 CRCA Trade Show Committee
Left to right: Phil Diederich, Ron Quimby, Greg Johnson, Fred Creed, Greg Dedic, Tony Roque, Bruce Diederich, Dave Hamill, Tyson Everett, Ross Ridder. (Not shown: Rod Petrick)
• Back to the Events Page